Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Memory Lane (A letter to a love lost)

A letter to a love lost. (Memory Lane)

Hey girl, my favorite girl. I hope that this expression of mine finds you in good health and spirits. Above all else, I hope that it finds you happy....truly happy.
Don't be alarmed. I am not about to intrude on your life by trying to reinsert myself into your mix or drop a bomb on you. Rather, I want to let you know just how much you meant to me then....and now.
Remember back then when we were the couple of the hour? Inseparable and in love. You knew my words before I felt the feeling. You taught me when I needed to learn. You were the pulse of my heart and you were my joy. It was with you I was at my best and at your side I felt pride.
Alas, life interfered and our flaws were exposed. I could not appreciate you and we fell apart. Such is life or so they say.
Anyway, this note is simply to let you know that no love was stronger, no kiss was sweeter, no passion was deeper and no company was more enjoyed than that I shared with you.
Babe I miss you and think of you often. I still wonder where you are and what you’re doing. I also wonder if you think about me. I hope that you do and I hope that you miss me too….even if it is just a little. I wonder what kind of Woman my favorite girl has grown into. The thoughts excite me and make me smile. I try not to project a future based on the memories of our past. I feel sad every time I do that. I know that it is because I destroyed what was perfect and have suffered the heart ache and healed. This leads me to the now.
I want you to know that an all the ways that truly matter, you are responsible for all the good that is in me. You taught me humility and gratitude through our break-up. You showed me how I should act as a man in love. You taught me what I should feel when I am in love and what to expect when I am loved.
For these reasons and more, I will always be grateful to you and I will always love you. You are truly my favorite girl and my best memory lane.
Sincerely, Anthony.

6 comments:

Femi B said...

What a soppy letter lol...I don't know how to make comments on someones feelings. Very open and very sad..like i feel sorry for the writer. Nice different style of writing though

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is a totally different side of you. I like the fact that you were man enough to admit that you were the one in the wrong. Not to many dudes would admit the fact that they were the cause of the demise of their relationship. I guess you're really not a cold-hearted bastard after all. LOL!!!

Mo - Lagos said...

Very touching, very genuine, very true and quite deep. The true mark of a man is his ability to know when he is wrong and be man enough not only to admit it, but also to learn from it. Keep writing bro, hope to read your compilation one day soon.

Unknown said...

Bros, This is touching oh but you need a lot more apologies and you need to write many more of these :). Make i no jus scatter you for public place o!

Anonymous said...

THAT was a deep letter> It takes a lot for a man to admit that he was wrong and that he misses his woman even if the break up was his fault.

Anonymous said...

Wish i were her! You are deep and sensitive - Good quality for an african man.