Thursday, September 25, 2008

Music and Life vol.1

When I saw you, I heard D’angelo sing “Me and those dreamy eyes of mine.”
When I gathered up the nerve to finally ask you out, Luther helped me with “Excuse me miss?”
You asked where we would go on our date and Jill Scott suggested that “We take a long walk.”
When I wanted you all to myself, Tyrese asked you to “Be my sweet lady” and you answered with Mo Thugs “It’s all good.”
Later on, Mario asked if you would “Let me love you?” and TLC said that I would have to give you “The red-light special.” I smiled when Silk asked “If you” and told you that there was “A meeting in my bedroom”
When I saw your body, like Mya I said “Whoa” and like Mariah, you asked me to “Touch your body”
We did the deed until Maxwell made “The cops come knocking”. D'angelo was asking you “How does it feel?”
Alas, time took its toll and one day I realized that “We were not making love anymore” like Dru Hill. Chris Brown made me “Say goodbye.”
After I left, Sisqo told me that I was “Incomplete”. I realized like R. Kelly that I couldn’t “Eat or sleep without you” and Eryka Badu made me realize that you were the “Love of my life”.
Feeling like Sade’s “King of sorrow”, I begged ‘Dwele to ask you “If we could try again?”
Toni Braxton said that you wanted me to “Unbreak” your heart but Mary J. stated that you also did not want to “Hurt again”.
Jazmine Sullivan let you know just how “Bad I need you”.
In the end, you listened to my “Words” from Anthony David and India Arie and like Nayobe, you gave me “A second chance for love”.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmnmm..interesting piece...I am awaiting volume 2 patiently...

Ade Adeyemi said...

awwwwwww... a true romantic at heart! beautifully expressed! love it love it love it!

Anonymous said...

Very nice play on words as usual. I love the fluency of which it was written.