Monday, September 29, 2008

Validation

Baby, when I tell you that I love you and that it is with you that I will spend the rest of my life, you smile and say that “that’s nice” but your eyes say that it’s not enough.
When I get you a meaningful gift as a token of my affection to signify your value in my life, your kiss says thank you but your eyes question my intentions.
As we sit together silently enjoying each others company, elevating our ‘magic’ to a transcending level, your touch is soft but your silence inquires the sincerity of my motives.
My love, I am not complicated but you make me out to seem so.
That moment I told you that I loved you and asked for exclusivity with you was the truest moment of my life and the most sincere desire of my heart.
When I made the CHOICE to be with you, know that I CHOSE you because (1) I love you, (2) I cannot imagine my life without you in it and (3) I trust you to always have my back, support and encourage me, motivate and ground me.
My love, in this day and age when the power of the world can alter the moral compass of strongest men, I need you to ‘hold me down’. Baby, I am attracted to you because you are sexy and pretty. I am intrigued with you because you are smart and intelligent. I stand in awe of you because of your strength and ambition. I love you because in my eyes, no combination of qualities presents a better match for me. I am indebted to you because of your loyalty, honesty and sincerity. I am in love with you because of how you make me feel……alive, desired and grateful.
Your X factor, that thing which allows me to open up and reveal my dreams and fears; that which allows me to express my greatest insecurities and most private failures, is what endears me to you. Your X factor allows me to overcome the most difficult obstruction that faces each and every man…. Complete vulnerability.
My darling and my love, you know all these things. You must. In as much as I chose you, you chose me. That you are perceptive to my needs, sincere with your expressions, gracious with your love, generous with your time and understanding with your patience is evident of your love. You complete me by complimenting my personality. My weaknesses are your strengths as your faults are my attributes. It is with you that I am the most successful and by your side that my shine is the brightest. Baby, we are a team, an impregnable union, a strong alliance, and an insurmountable object. That I am applauded is due to your support and nurture. That I am envied other men is because of your beauty. That I am desired by other women is because of how I look at YOUR side. Your presence in my life is stamped all over me and in truth, I am nothing without you.
Sweet heart, it is natural for you to at times feel insecure and doubtful. As your man, I hurt each time you feel this way. I know that you often need the security of the words that should accompany the actions. My Queen, I offer this heartfelt expression in the hopes that the next time you feel the slightest twinge of doubt, you will look deeply into my eyes and remember these words: I love you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful piece. Most men will not express thier "emotions" for fear that it will make them appear soft but it was beautifully written. I was moved to tears. Whomever this was written for must feel very special after having read this.

Anonymous said...

So far I would have to say this is my favorite. The way you put such deep feelings into the perfect words was both beautiful and eloquent.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful piece. You are one special individual.

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderfull, loving expression!! It could be a man's wedding vows!!! It is very reassuring, and I know there is not a woman in the world who would not be greatful for this kind of "validation" from her man! It's perfect! Way to go! Bravo!

Anonymous said...

Wow!