Thursday, October 2, 2008

Digging You

I woke up this morning and realized that you have crept into my soul and eased into my life.
Your laughter soothes me and your body stirs me.
As I get out of bed, you steal my thoughts: Are you still asleep, curled up in a cute position or are you naked in the shower, humming a morning song?
Walking into the bathroom, my reflection in the mirror stops me cold. I realize that I am grinning from ear to ear. Strange for me to do this early in the morning.
“Dang girl, I’m really digging you!”
Riding the train to the grind again, I am thinking of you once again.
Recalling your smell from yesterday, I find myself hoping for your scent on my coat again.
Hurrying from the station, the elements provoke in me memories of you.
As the wind gusts against me and as the sun shines, my ears are tickled and my body is warmed by the memories of our parting kiss and embrace.
Sighing and shuddering, I stop and think
“Dang girl, I’m really digging you!”
Feeling in my pockets from some change, I pull out the tickets to the poetry show. Fate too is seems is on your side. As I place my order at the counter, my eyes glaze in wonder of your reaction to the mood and emotions of the evening ahead. I hope that the lyrics of this poet will lead you to say
“Dang boy, I’m really digging you!”

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm diggin that. snap snap snap snap