Monday, October 20, 2008

Love Thang

I meet you on a warm and sunny day in a park during spring. You are wearing a sun dress that hints the secrets of your hidden curves. On your feet are matching wedges that flatter your feet, glamorize your legs, accentuate your butt and bolster your height. Your skin is my favorite shade of brown and it smells of coco-butter and Calvin Kline’s Obsession. Your hair is styled in a short cut a-la Toni Braxton and it speaks of your confidence and sexiness. Beautiful, perfectly aligned lips part to reveal a smile that is sweet and tender..... a smile that radiates warmth and conveys welcome. That smile, curled at your cheeks becomes a seductive hint, telling of your hidden desires. Your eyes, at first hidden by the fashionable but oversized sunglasses, are exposed and are the golden color of maple. The windows to your soul show the passionate and sensitive being that you are. I notice your casual strut and I’m drawn to the slow and subtle movements of your round hips. Each step you take is a flirty invitation and an announcement of your sex appeal. You are to be adored.
Gone is the apprehension and doubt that led me to stand aside wanting and longing for you. The need for your attention and company compels me act. I walk to you and softly say “Excuse me.” You turn around and I face a vision of transcending beauty. Momentarily, I am speechless; completely absorbed in your radiance. For a brief moment, a doubt that you may be out of my league or worse yet unavailable arise but as quickly as they came is as strong as my resolve. Gone are the insecurities of my appeal and position; replaced instead with confidence and subtle assertion. Your beautiful, beautiful eyes betray you and I observe the transition of emotions your expressions reflect: surprise, attraction, optimism, evaluation and caution. I stop my approach a few feet away from you. Far enough not to invade your comfort zone but close enough to allude to an intimate suggestion. I offer my most disarming and charming smile, hoping that you are more curious than threatened. Extending my hand I say “I think you dropped this.” Your expression softens and your demeanor relaxes as you recognize the silk scarf that had adorned your enticing neck line. You hesitate for a moment as you realize that your perfectly manicured hands are otherwise occupied with a camera in one hand and purse in the other. Again, your eyes betray your conundrum. I resist the opportunity to capitalize on your vulnerability by stepping around you and gently folding the scarf around your neck allowing my fingers to lightly flirt with the sensitive skin of your neck. Instead, I offer my other hand and you oblige by placing your camera in it. I cannot resist the urge to take a candid picture of you as you secure the scarf around your neck. The picture captures your sincere and sensual image. Smiling, I extend the camera to you and watch as you register the image. My soul stands triumphant as you accept my first gift….. your reflection through my eyes.
Satisfied that you find my company welcome, I introduce myself and flatter you by telling you that you’re wearing your shoes well. Your quick wit is evident as you accept my risqué compliment and smile at me with a “you ain’t too bad yourself” look. Immediately the ice is broken and the mood of the moment shifts as your smile introduces levity. You thank me and introduce yourself. We share a laugh at your joke about our very traditional names. You take this opportunity to give me a quick but thorough once over. Smoothly, you take in my image paying attention to my grooming, style and fashion. You seem to approve. You allow your eyes to linger a second too long on my left ring finger. Not noticing a wedding band or more importantly, the tell tale tan lines of one, your body relaxes and your ever enchanting eyes soften. Subtly, you brush a nonexistent strand of hair away form your face giving me the universally unspoken sign that you are interested and that you are my audience. Our eyes meet and hold a quiet conversation of their own. Again, I am lost in the ocean of your beauty and feel myself adrift on the currants of emotions you have provoked within me. I could stay lost in your company for eternity. You are a goddess and I am humbled to bask in the glow of your company. I recover quickly and ask if I could accompany you on your casual stroll around the lake centered in the park. You smile and tell me that you’d like that very much.
This is how our “Love Thang” began.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love it, love it, love it.